M. Engg. (BUET) M. Sc. (CVASU); B. Sc. (HSTU) Lecturer & Academic Coordinator
Engineer Md. Asaduzzaman serves as the coordinator of the Department of Food Engineering & Technology. With over three years of teaching experience at the State University of Bangladesh and extensive research, as well as three years of industrial and administrative experience in renowned food industries such as Islam Group (Aftab Bahumukhi Farms Limited) and Akij Food and Beverage Industries, he brings a wealth of expertise to his role. He holds an M. Engg. in Advanced Engineering Management from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. Additionally, he obtained an M.Sc. in Food Processing and Engineering from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University and a B.Sc. in Food and Process Engineering from Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University.
For his outstanding bachelor's thesis project, Engineer Md. Asaduzzaman was awarded the National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. He has numerous research publications in international research journals. Moreover, he has served as an investigator in R&D research grants for the Economic Year 2022-2023 and as an Associate Investigator in two Research Grants (Special Allocation for the Economic Year 2019-2020 and 2020-2021) from the Ministry of Science and Technology, People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
As a guest reviewer, Engineer Md. Asaduzzaman collaborates with various esteemed journals, including Food Analytical Methods, Trends in Sciences (Walailak University), Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science, Journal of Agriculture and Ecology Research International, Asian Journal of Medical Principles and Clinical Practice, American Journal of Food Technology, and Journal of Advances in Biology & Biotechnology. His research interests encompass antioxidants, pigments, minimization of post-harvest losses of fruits, and utilization of food wastes.
- 2023 - Hydrobiology of Saline Agriculture Ecosystem: A Review of Scenario Change in South-West Region of Bangladesh R Akter, N Hasan, F Reza, M Asaduzzaman, K Begum, M Shammi Hydrobiology (MDPI), 2(1), pp 162-180
- 2022 - Effects of addition of dried sweet potato peels powder on the quality characteristics of cupcakes Sorifa, A., Rahman, M., Asaduzzaman, M. Annual Research & Review in Biology
- 2022 - Cost Benefit Analysis of Fire Safety Systems in the Ready-Made Garment Industry: A Case Study Md. Asaduzzaman Annals of Burns and Fire Disasters, 35 (2), 137-151.
- 2022 - Lycopene-A Review: Chemistry, Source, Health Role, Extraction, Applications Asaduzzaman, M. Annual Research & Review in Biology, 37(2), pp.11-24.
- 2021 - The Implementation of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plan for Chicken Nugget Plant. Asaduzzaman, M. Asian Food Science Journal, 20(5), pp.11-24.
- 2020 - Comparisons of proximate composition sensory evolution physiochemical total phenol flavanoid content and Antioxidant effect of mixed fruit bar from mango pineapple and papaya. Asaduzzaman, M., Hasan, N., Begum, K. IJSER, 11(10), pp.509-530.
- 2019 - Potential Allelopathic Candidates for Land Use and Possible Sustainable Weed Management in South Asian Ecosystem. Begum, K., Shammi, M., Hasan, N., Asaduzzaman, M. and Fujii, Y. Sustainability, 11(9), p.2649.
- 2014 - Adoption of Salt tolerant variety in the Coastal areas of Bangladesh. Khandker, S., Begum, K., Hasan, N., Sarker, S.C., Asaduzzaman, M. Applied Science Reports, 8(1), pp.13-20.
- 2014 - Evaluation of Brinjal Cultivars (Solanum Melongena) Against Root- Knot Nematode Meloidogyne Spp. Begum, K., Hasan, N., Asaduzzaman, M. and Akhtar, N. Applied Science Reports, 7(3), pp.129-134
- 2013 - Comparisons of physiochemical, total phenol, flavonoid content and functional properties in six cultivars of aromatic rice in Bangladesh. Asaduzzaman, M., Haque, M.E., Rahman, J., Hasan, S.K., Ali, M.A., Akter, M.S. and Ahmed, M. African Journal of Food Science, 7(8), pp.198-203.
- Inter-University Innovative Software Expo in IT Festival 2010 Received first prize for innovative software project
- Software Exhibition in IT Festival 2009 Received the second prize for innovative software project
- 7 th Bangladesh and 4 th SAARC Jamboree 2004 Successful participation
- Microbiological hazard analysis of public health for low-income people (Biology, Medicine and Nutrition: 132)
- Effect of freeze-thaw pretreatment on yield and quality of mustard seed oil (Applied Science and Engineering: 03; Economic year: 2021-2022)
- Development of snacks and cookies by using pumpkin seeds and peels. (Associate investigator) Research project No: ES 382 (Economic year: 2020-2021)
- Development of baked cakes using sweet potato peels powders. (Associate investigator) Research project No: ES 395 (Economic year: 2019-2020)
- Comparisons of physiochemical, total phenol, flavanoid content and functional properties in six cultivars of aromatic rice in Bangladesh (Agriculture and Environment: 285; Economic year: 2011-2012)