Dr. Shabbir Ahammed
Ph.D in Food Science & Engineering, JNU, China, Post-doc. Food Science & Engineering (China)
Dr. Shabbir Ahammed obtained his Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Food and Process Engineering from Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University (HSTU), Dinajpur, Bangladesh in 2010. In 2011, Dr. Ahammed received the Italian government scholarship (ADiSU) for Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree. In the following year, he obtained Erasmus exchange scholarship under double degree program. Dr. Ahammed obtained M.Sc. in Food Engineering degree from University of Salerno, Fisciano, Italy and M.Sc. in Food Science and Technology Engineering from Corvinus University of Budapest, Budapest, Hungary in 2014. He served as team leader of Food Quality & Safety and Hygiene in Cofoco Airport Solutions Aps, Copenhagen, Denmark from Sep. 2014 to Feb. 2016. Dr. Ahammed received fellowship from China Scholarship Council (CSE), China for conducting Ph.D. in 2016. He obtained the Ph.D. degree in Food Science & Engineering from Jiangnan University, Wuxi, China in June 2021 and received Postdoctoral fellowship at the same university. He led a research team of Ph.D. and Master students at Jiaxing Institute of Future Food, Jiaxing, China. Till date, he has research publications in different international high impact journals (total impact factor >70) published by Elsevier, MDPI, and University journal in the Netherland, Switzerland, UK, Hungary etc. Dr. Ahammed is a peer reviewer of Food Bioscience published by Elsevier, United Kingdom.
- Ahammed, S., Liu, F., Easdani, M., Saqib, M. N., & Zhong, F. (2023). Self-assembly of zein in aqueous acetic acid and ethanol solvents: Effect on mechanical properties of the zein film. Food Packaging and Shelf Life, 38, 101120. (IF 8.0, Q1, Elsevier, the Netherlands) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fpsl.2023.101120
- Ahammed, Shabbir, Md Easdani, Fei Liu, and Fang Zhong. 2023. "Encapsulation of Tea Polyphenol in Zein through Complex Coacervation Technique to Control the Release of the Phenolic Compound from Gelatin–Zein Composite Film" Polymers 15, no. 13:2882. (IF 5.0, Q1, MDPI, Switzerland) https://doi.org/10.3390/polym15132882
- Saqib, Md Nazmus, Fei Liu, Maoshen Chen, Shabbir Ahammed, Xiaoyong Liu, and Fang Zhong. "Thermo-Mechanical Response of Liquid-Core Beads as Affected by Alginate Molecular Structure." Food Hydrocolloids 131 (2022/10/01/ 2022): 107777. (IF 10.7, Q1, Elsevier, the Netherlands) https://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2022.107777.
- Saqib, Md Nazmus, Shabbir Ahammed, Fei Liu, and Fang Zhong. "Customization of Liquid-Core Sodium Alginate Beads by Molecular Engineering." Carbohydrate Polymers 284 (2022/05/15/ 2022): 119047. (IF 11.2, Q1, Elsevier, United Kingdom) https://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2021.119047.
- Ahammed, Shabbir, Fei Liu, Jingmin Wu, Myat Noe Khin, Wallace H. Yokoyama, and Fang Zhong. "Effect of Transglutaminase Crosslinking on Solubility Property and Mechanical Strength of Gelatin-Zein Composite Films." Food Hydrocolloids 116 (2021/07/01/ 2021): 106649. (IF 10.7, Q1, Elsevier, the Netherlands) https://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2021.106649.
- Khin, Myat N. O. E., Shabbir Ahammed, and Fang Zhong. "Development of (5-(4,6-Dichlorotriazinyl) Aminofluorescein) DtafLabelled Polysaccharides for Characterization of Microstructure and Phase Distribution of Composite Hydrogel Visualization of Hydrogels Using Clsm." Food Bioscience 41 (2021/06/01/ 2021): 100909. (IF 5.2, Q1, Elsevier, United Kingdom) https://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbio.2021.100909.
- Khin, Myat Noe, H. Douglas Goff, John Nsor-Atindana, Shabbir Ahammed, Fei Liu, and Fang Zhong. "Effect of Texture and Structure of Polysaccharide Hydrogels Containing Maltose on Release and Hydrolysis of Maltose During Digestion: In Vitro Study." Food Hydrocolloids 112 (2021/03/01/ 2021): 106326. (IF 10.7, Q1, Elsevier, the Netherlands) https://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2020.106326.
- Ahammed, Shabbir, Fei Liu, Myat Noe Khin, Wallace H. Yokoyama, and Fang Zhong. "Improvement of the Water Resistance and Ductility of Gelatin Film by Zein." Food Hydrocolloids 105 (2020/08/01/ 2020): 105804. (IF 10.7, Q1, Elsevier, the Netherlands) https://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2020.105804.
- Albert, K., Koris, A., Ahammed, S., Gáspár, I., Vatai, G. “Vinaigrette Production by Membrane Emulsification: Process Optimization and Product Development”, Periodica Polytechnica Chemical Engineering, 59(3), pp. 206–208, 2015. https://doi.org/10.3311/PPch.7583.
- 2021: Post-doctoral fellowship, July 2021 to July 2023 from Jiangnan University, Wuxi, China.
- 2016: Chinese government scholarships by China Scholarship Council (CSE).
- 2012: Erasmus exchange scholarship by European Commission.
- 2011: A.Di.S.U. scholarship by Italian Government.
- Food Bioscience, published by Elsevier, Impact factor (IF) 5.2, Q1.