Dr. Saifuddin Md. Tareeq
Advisor & Professor
Ph.D. (Japan); M. Sc. in Bioinformatics (Australia)
Dr. Saifuddin Md. Tareeq is an Advisor and Professor of the Department of CSE, State University of Bangladesh. He guided and steered the developments in academic and co-curricular activities of the Department of CSE. He did Bachelor in Applied Physics and Electronics and Master in Computer Science from the University of Dhaka in 1995 and 1997 respectively securing first position in both the examinations. Then he obtained Master of Science in Computer Science (Bioinformatics) from the University of Western Australia, Australia in 2004. He obtained Ph.D. in Informatics (Human Robot Interaction) from the National Institute of Informatics under the Graduate University for Advanced Studies of Japan in 2011. Currently he is working as a Professor and leading the Robotics research laboratory of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of the University of Dhaka. He is also working closely with the Bioinformatics research group of the department.
- Real Time Feature Based Vehicle Detection and Classification from On-Road Videos, Md. Shamim Reza Sajib and Saifuddin Md. Tareeq in the Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol-4(2), 91-101, 2018.
- Protein Function Prediction Based On Protein-Protein Interaction Together with Sequence and Structural Similarity Information, Shimul Chandra Mondal and Saifuddin Md. Tareeq in the Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol-3(2), 127-133, 2016.
- NECAMO - New Evolutionary Clustering Algorithm using Multiobjective Optimization, Shplu Howlader, Qaynat Qauyyum and Saifuddin Md. Tareeq in the Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol-3(1), 61-67, 2015.
- Multi-objective approach in predicting amino acid interaction network using ant colony optimization, Md Shiplu Hawlader and Saifuddin Md Tareeq, in the Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Application, Vol 5(1), 113-126, 2014.
- ACM: An Efficient Exact Algorithm for Finding Planted Motif in Biological Sequences, S. M Iqbal Morshed and Saifuddin Md. Tareeq, in the Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol-3(1), 55-60, 2015.
- SKnot: A Novel Heuristic Algorithm for RNA Secondary Structure Prediction Including Pseudoknots, Shantanu Saha and Saifuddin Md. Tareeq, in the Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol-3(1), 113-122, 2015.
- Reconstruction of Gene Regulatory Networks Using Hybrid Evolutionary Algorithm, Arup Kumar Sarker and Saifuddin Md. Tareeq, in the Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol-3(1), 77-86, 2015.
- A Novel Dynamic Edit Distance based Algorithm for Protein-Protein Interaction Prediction, Md. Abdul Wadud Akanda, Mohsin Khan and Saifuddin Md.Tareeq in the Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol-3(1), 39-45, 2015.
- An efficient segmentation approach to develop an iris recognition system, Md. Selim Al Mamun, S M Tareeq and Md. Hasanuzzaman, in the Journal of Computing, 4(6),24-29, 2012.
- Management of Experience Data for Rapid Adaptation to New Preferences based on Bayesian Significance Evaluation, Saifuddin Md. Tareeq and Tetsunari Inamura, in the Advanced Robotics, 25, 2273-2291, 2011.
- Rapid behavior adaptation for human-centered robots in a dynamic environment based on the integration of primitive confidences on multi-sensor elements}, Saifuddin Md. Tareeq and Tetsunari Inamura, in Artificial Life and Robotics, 15, 515-521, 2010.
- National Institute of Informatics Scholarship, Japan
- Australian Development Scholarship
- Book award for securing first position in the B. Sc, and M. Sc. examinations, government talent pool scholarship for pursuing M. Sc. and university undergraduate Scholarship.